Roles and Responsibilities of Coast Guard
- Ensuring the safety and protection of artificial Islands, offshore terminals, installations and other structures and devices in any maritime zone.
- Providing protection and assistance to fishermen in distress while at Sea.
- Preservation and protection of our maritime environment including prevention and control of marine pollution.
- Assisting the Customs and other authorities in anti-smuggling operations.
- Enforcement of Maritime Zones of India Act.
- Precautionary measures for the safety of life and property at sea and collection of scientific data.