Examination Fees - Candidates (except SC/ST candidates, who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay a fee of Rs. 300/- (Rupees Three Hundred Only) through online mode by using net banking or by using Visa/Master/Maestro/RuPay/Credit/Debit Card/UPI. Admit card will be issued for the examination only to those candidates who have successfully paid the examination fee and who are entitled for waiver of examination fee.
- Exemption of Examination Fees - Candidates from SC/ST category are entitled for waiver of examination fee. Candidates are liable to be discharged/ rejected at any stage of recruitment/ training if it is found that false SC/ST certificate has been produced to claim waiver of examination fee/other concessions as applicable.
- Unsuccessful Payment. In case candidate has made an online payment of fee and money has been deducted from your account (i.e. unsuccessful payment), Please check whether fees is auto refunded to the transaction originating account or please wait for 15 working days for automatic refund of money to your account and check transaction status in originating account.
- Refund of Multiple Payments.If multiple payments are received from a candidate against single application, then that will be refunded back to the originating account after closing of registration and re-conciliation of all payment records. However if candidate is found to fill multiple applications the amount with respect to applications not considered for recruitment process/cancelled will not be refunded.
- Fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances nor the fee be held in reserve for any other examination or selection.
Travel Expenses -
- Stage-I (CGCAT). SC/ST candidates, who are not employed by the Central / State Government will be reimbursed ordinary 2nd class fare by train / Govt.bus/ steamer charges on production of original tickets as per central government regulations by the shortest route, if the home station is beyond 30 kms from the place of examination (Stage-I). SC/ST candidates are to download the travel form from ICG website and submit the same to Indian Coast Guard.
- Stage-II (PSB)/ Stage-III (FSB). To and from travelling fares by AC III/Chair Car or actual normal bus fare by shortest route (only from the current or permanent address mentioned in E- admit card) to the candidates appearing first time in FSB (Stage-II) will be reimbursed on production of original tickets only. The SC/ST candidates will be reimbursed IInd class railway/bus fare for PSB and FSB irrespective of the number of appearances.
Link for TA forms : Click here
Examination City. The candidate is to give five preferences for examination city in the application for Stage-I process. Candidates are to fill first choice within 30 kms from the present/ communication residence. If no ‘examination city’ is within 30 kms from the current address then the nearest “examination city” from current address has to be the first choice of the candidate.
- If candidates are not complying with the First Choice of Centre as above then their candidature can be cancelled if found contrary during Document Verification.
- Indian Coast Guard reserves the right to allot examination city, which may or may not be as per the choice of the candidate.